Hi folks,

A couple of us in the Devon & Cornwall LUG are looking to setting up
some mobile internet kiosks (well, old laptops with a server running
Edubuntu) for a couple of local events that are coming up.

The idea is that the time a user can use one of the laptops for is
limited to say an hour.

I've managed to write a script that will log the current user off after
an hour (but give a 5 minute and 1 minute warning before forcing the log
off).

We'd also like a script to run at logoff to reset the users password (so
they can't just log back on for another hour without asking first).  For
this I was thinking of a script to reset the password using passwd.

The thing is, I wasn't sure what the best way of running the login
scripts was.

I see in /etc/gdm there are two directories call PostLogin and
PostSession, has anyone actually used these?

According to the contents of /etc/gdm/PostLogin/Default.sample, it runs
as root after login, so I wonder if I could run  my autologoff script
from there and at the end of the autologoff script have a line that
resets the password?  (I presume any scripts executed from the Default
script will run as root too?)

If anyone can advise me on this it would be really handy.

Ta,

Rob