From: James Tyrrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: British Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Wed, 7 May 2008 12:48
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Hardy crashing

2008/5/7 Thomas Ibbotson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi all,

Has anyone had Hardy crash recently? It has happened now twice to me in

the last couple of days, once on my desktop and now once on my laptop. I

think I was trying to watch a flash video in firefox the first time

although I'm not sure. The second time it was on trying to play a .ram

in totem. It was a hard crash, I couldn't do anything except do a hard

reboot, CTRL-Backspace and CTRL-ALT-F1 did not do anything.

Hey when you say crashed were you still able to move your mouse? Or was that a
no go, I've had a similar problem where the system just locks, no keyboard
commands do anything and while I can move the mouse the system needs a hard
restart to fix the problem. Usually (suspiciously...) if I have OpenOffice
open.

?

I have hardy-proposed active btw.

Tom