2008/5/16 Jack Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Well, wallpaper and icons **were** working, until yesterday's package
> updates. I get a message about HAL failing to start on login now also.
>
> I 'm running compiz-fusion on dual head with NVidia 7000 series card with
> 512Mb. Both screens are at 1280x1024. Apart from the above, cube etc. works
> OK. Only google results I can find relate to a similar scenario using
> different resolutions on dual screens.
>
> Since upgrading from Gutsy to Hardy, now unable to send files over
> bluetooth TO the PC from a phone. Can do in opposite direction.
>
> Any ideas welcome.
>
> My honest advice would be a move back to 7.10. There are so many issues
with 8.04 it is untrue and for an LTS release that would suggest well tested
and stable, it is nothing more than a bad joke I'm afraid; and I have placed
an embargo on the release until it is stable and hopefully a cd respin i.e.
8.04.1 is done that I can use without hassle and I can recommend to others.

Regards

Phil