On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 18:46 +0100, Stephen Garton wrote:

[snip]

> What I would like to do is have that single POP3 account on the
> server, and the server then to share that mail out as IMAP, so that
> multiple clients can use it.

So what you mean is your internal Ubuntu box retrieves the mail via POP3
from the external webhost, then many users can access the mail on the
Ubuntu box via IMAP, and replies go through the Ubuntu box to the
external webhost, where replies appear to come from "support@".

Sounds like a recipe for an open relay if it's not secured properly. =)

I only did Exchange mail before so I can't help much, but do be careful!
Spammers and botnets will be more than happy to include your spanking
new server in their system.

My two cents' worth..

XuanYou