2008/6/10 Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> "Gordon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >I need to install ndiswrapper in Wubi 8.04. It is not available in the
> > native package list, and when I wired the laptop into the network, and
> > tried
> > "apt-get" I got the message that the "date-time stamp was too far in the
> > future"!!!!! Eh? How does THAT work?
> >

> OK so I got Ndiswrapper installed, the Realtek 8187b Win98 driver is
> installed, if I issue all the modprobe commands, there are no errors. The
> GUI for Ndiswrapper tells me the drive is installed and the hardware is
> present.
> However, if I go to Network settings, the wireless adapter does NOT show
> up.
> I've tried forcing the load, everything. Still no-show.
>
> HELP!

Have you followed instructions and done as below?

   -

   Install *ndiswrapper-utils-1.9* via your preferred method.
   -

   From the terminal run: *sudo ndiswrapper -i
   /your_path_to/wireless_driver.inf*
   -

   We now check if the driver has correctly installed. From the terminal
   run: *ndiswrapper -l*. If all is good you will see the following output:

   sis163u : driver installed
   -

      device (0BF8:100F) present
       -

   Next we do the dependencies and load up the ndiswrapper kernel module.
   Run: *sudo depmod -a* followed by *sudo modprobe ndiswrapper*. This will
   load everything and allow you to use
NetworkManager<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkManager>to check if any
wireless networks are available.

   Note: Rebooting will drop the module.
   -

   To have the module loaded at every boot add *ndiswrapper* to a newline at
   the bottom of */etc/modules*.

Regards

Phil