I installed virtualbox/winXP yesterday, it works really well. I am running
photoshop in it and the performance is good. You do need a reasonably beefy
machine, I have a Dual core athlon(around 2ghz) and 3gb of ram.

The only thing that wasn't working was USB, but this can probably be fixed
fairly easily, I just haven't looked into it yet.

Mj