Javad Ayaz wrote:
> how does installing new apps on this work? like synaptic in ubuntu?

yep - http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.8_Installer

it's pretty similar really.

> I think for the uptake of any technology by the masses...the hardware
> has to be available...cheap-ish! How many people do you know that are
> willing to fork £200plus for a phone!

Actually a fairly large amount. But this says more about the masses of
posing freelancers I know than how much money any one has. Me included.

> I know no one who has forked out
> on a iphone...and thats supposed be the cool thing to have!!!....

Cool... if you want apple to have complete control over your phone....

--
www.tdobson.net
----