2008/8/14 Javad Ayaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> just to clear things up in my own mind....QCAD is a drawing program like
> CAD. Would i be able to open a qcad created file in CAD?

What do you mean by CAD? I understand CAD to mean Computer Aided
Design. This term often refers to 2D technical drawing programs such
as AutoCAD etc. It can also refer to electronics design programs or 3D
mechanical design programs.

>From your question, it seems you have a specific program in mind when
you say CAD.

Qcad uses DXF file format as its default format. Most 2D CAD packages
can read and write DXF files, in my experience.

--
Philip Stubbs