In message of 5 Sep, "Andrew Nixon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok strange question but i have a ubuntu system that is running only
> ubuntu, and i could do with doing a dual install with windows, however
> i am not keen to have to format. I really need the dual boot with
> windows for performance reasons on this project and am struggling to
> think of a way to do it without messing up my MBR etc.. does anyone
> have any ideas, a backup and restore from my current install would be
> a possibility if anyone has any good ideas for doing that.

You don't say what type of computer you have.

On my Mac I have installed VMWare's Fusion program and this enables me
to run, in addition to Mac OS, separate windows at the same time, one
for Ubuntu and one for Windows.  Both seem to run quickly.

--
Tim [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/