Bruce Beardall wrote:
> Hi All
>
> A friend and myself at work are looking to exchange files between our
> two laptops wirelessly. Security concerns at work mean we can't
> necessarily use the network and it would be a bit laborious to use
> burn discs and pass them back and forth constantly. He's using Vista
> and I'm running Hardy. Wireless on both laptops works fine but it's
> not something I've done before.
>
> Any suggestions on how I should go about it?
If I understand correctly you probably want to set up an ad-hoc network,
information on doing this can be found here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Adhoc

I tried to do this at home once, it didn't work and I never worked out
why. Apparently only some wifi cards support creating ad-hoc networks.

Tom