On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 09:17, Adam Bagnall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ian Pascoe wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> Being at the leading edge of the rear of the crowd, I'm starting to look at
>> chaging out my trusty CRT monitor to one of those new fangled LCD thingys!
>>
>> I don't mind doing the research, but would appreciate some pointers to what
>> people consider reliable and trustworthy makes, as it's been a number of
>> years since I have had to look at the monitor market.
>>
>> My only constraints are that it's >= 17", not wide screen, and has good
>> contrast ratios.
>>
>> Help appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian
>>

> Finding a 19" non-widescreen shouldn't be a problem but from my (quick)
> search it gets considerably harder to find a non-widescreen that's
> larger. I'd recommend this Samsung model
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145478 as it's 19", non-widescreen and has
> a good contrast ratio. It's also a well known brand, but if you want to
> save some pennies I've had no trouble with cheap brands (bought
> digimate, yuraku and cibox monitors for myself and friends) YMMV.
>
> Adam
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

This one has an 800:1 contrast ratio, only a small step up price wise,
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Displays/Monitors/TFT+19/19%22+Fujitsu+Siemens+Scenicview+TFT+Monitor+?productId=30900

Aria have some other larger displays that would be suitable.

--
Kris Douglas
 Softdel Limited Hosting Services

Company No. 6135915