On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 21:45 +0100, Graham Smith wrote:
> Neil
>
> >> Autodetect
> >> X Windows system (No xv)
> >> X Windows System (x11/xshm/xv)
> >> Custom
> >>
> >> Should I be choosing the 3rd one or is X Windows something else
> >
> > X Window, X11, xorg, they all mean the same thing. It's the underlying
> > system that draws windows and responds to mouse and keyboard on Linux
> > desktops.
> >
> > I'd try the 3rd option (just a guess, since I've never used Skype, nor
> > re-configured gstreamer).
>
> I assume there is no chance of me mucking up my video, so I can't get
> back to change it back again, if its wrong?

yes you should be able to change it back again easily, all you are doing
is changing the video output, affecting video playback. you can check if
your device has xv by running
xvinfo | grep ports

You need at least one port to see the incoming video (doubt you'll be
able to see your own video though), if you have more you should be ok.

Peace,
Seif