On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 22:13 +0100, Seif Attar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have had problems with ubuntu freezing on gutsy and it's still
> freezing with hardy, thought it was x64 problem, so i switched to x32
> ubuntu, but it's still crashing! then i realised it might not be ubuntu
> at all. so I ran a memtest, that froze as well, I assume that if the
> memtest froze then it's not a memory problem? otherwise it would have
> detected the problem?
>
> what else can I do to find the culprit? I tried removing all the pci
> cards, it still crashed, I am trying the option noapictimer for the grub
> menu, as a thread I found suggested, will see how that turns out. Next I
> am going to remove one of the ram and leave one, swapping later, that
> way i'll know for sure if 1 of them is broken.
> any other suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? maybe benchmarking
> software for ubuntu?
>
> Thanks,
> Seif A.

Hi,

It could be a memory issue still but lets not go down that road at
present.

Have you been inside the machine to make sure all hardware is correctly
inserted and seated?

The next thing is to check if a specific app is normally running when
the machine freezes or give us as best description of what happens i.e.
After a long time running, can you dump back to failsafe terminal out of
X, is the mouse still working after freeze etc. Be descriptive! :-)

Regards

Phil