Dave Walker wrote:
> Hi Chaps,
>
> Just another reminder about *THE* event to be at this year.  It's
> running from this Thursday until Saturday.  This is basically an event
> where we have a chance to show of Linux, and Ubuntu.  It is also a great
> chance to meet other like minded people.  It didn't happen last year,
> but the year before was a great success[0].  It would be really good to
> make this one even better.  The venue is shared with the Mac Expo, so
> it's a fantastic opportunity to show off Ubuntu to non-linux users, who
> would unlikely come to a dedicated Linux expo.
>
> Canonical have today confirmed that they will be there, and help us (the
> LoCo), where possible.
>
> So I'm asking for more volunteers to help man the stand, or if you don't
> fancy doing that just come along to show your support for Linux and
> Ubuntu in general (make sure you wear your coveted Ubuntu geekware! :) ).
>
> If you want to help out, add your name to the wiki page [1].  I would
> also think it would be a good idea if you apply for tickets[2] aswell,
> tickets are free if pre-booked (£12 on the door).
>
> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Gallery
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/LinuxExpoLive2008
> [2]
> http://www.linuxexpolive.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=54
>

> Kind Regards,
> Dave Walker

Unfortunately I can't get any time off work to help out, but I'll be
looking around on either Thurs or Fri for work and can help out for a a
couple of hours if needed. I'm also free to help out on Sat. I've also
got an Acer Aspire One running Ubuntu Netbook Remix if we need another
machine to demo on.

Regards,
    Adam