Liam Proven wrote:
> [...]
> These aren't fatal problems, they're just awkward. Sometimes I have to
> click on a window to activate it before typing, as I can't tell which
> one is "in front". Sometimes I can't move windows, as the frame's
> gone. And to move a window from one screen to another, I must
> de-maximise, drag, and re-maximise, like on Windows, which is a pain,
> as it was much smoother on 7.10 (my previous long-term stable version,
> which I used for a year plus.)
>
> Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Hello, Liam.

I've noticed what might be a memory leak in Compiz on my Asus DV5000
laptop, which has an Nvidia GeForce Go 6200/6400 in it, when I've been
using it using the NX client for Linux. The memory usage seems to creep
up slowly (over many hours) until it starts to swap. Quitting the NX
client, and all other apps., does not fix the problem. I end up having
to reboot. I've got my laptop video configured as two separate X11
screens, but the same thing happens if I use twinview...

This is not a problem unless I use the NX client for long periods, or if
I leave my laptop running with the screen locked when I go away for a
week and forget that it's on. In fact, I put my laptop in my rucksack
recently and I didn't realise it was still running - it got quite hot
and the LCD screen was in a terrible state: Seems to have recovered!

Bye,

        Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK