When I try to install the BBC Iplayer prog it tries to install Adobe
AIR, despite the fact that I already installed it.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64, and I have the latest Flash, which was
not easy to find, and I installed Air, which is currently 32-bit only,
using instructions at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=941093

At least the BBC are moving in the right direction, but so far I cannot
use iplayer at all. I have tried streaming programs but they only get a
short way in and then I get a message saying the content is not
available. I have a fast broadband connection.

David King