2009/1/3 Ronnie Tucker <ron...@ronnietucker.co.uk>:
> I recommend CrunchEEE (a derivative of CrunchBang Linux, which uses
> Ubuntu) it comes with the Array.org kernel by default so everything
> works at the end of the install. It also uses OpenBox, rather than
> Gnome, to get extra speed. Aaaaand it even has conky running in the
> corner of the screen, for extra geekness...  :D
>
> I use it on my 701 EEE and it works great.
>
> I did a quick review of it on my blog:
> http://ronnietucker.co.uk/blog/cruncheee-crunchbanglinux-on-the-asus-eee-701-pc/

Thanks for that! It sounds good and if I get one of these weee
beasties for myself it sounds ideal. But for my friend, who is
extremely non-technical, I think it would be too hard to operate. He
doesn't know what a CPU or a file manager is, let alone how to mount
devices and so on...

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liampro...@aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lpro...@hotmail.com
Yahoo: liampro...@yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508