2009/1/25 Tim Dobson <li...@tdobson.net>:
> Simon Wears wrote:
>> Firstly - my apologies! I think I sent out a blank email to the list
>> by accident.
>>
>> Second - I'm living in Manchester, and was thinking of going along to
>> one of the MANlug meetings. Does anyone on this list go, or know how
>> active they are?
>
> Hiya,
>
> I'm based near Manchester and though I've never been to a ManLUG
> meeting, I know a load of people who do and hangout on #manlug on
> irc.oftc.net (I'm "tdobson" - feel free to say hi)
>
> There is actually quite a broad spectrum of tech groups in the northwest.

Thanks for that excellent summary Tim, I really should have remembered
Manchester Free Software! To the OP, don't be put off by the name,
there are plenty of people running Ubuntu in the group (as well as
gnewsense). I would strongly recommend joining both the manlug [1] and
MFS [2] mailing lists to keep up with events in the area. As Tim said,
the drupal talk in February should be really interesting. Also, if
you're interested in the more social side of things, then I would
strongly recommend the monthly #manlug currybeer on 6th February.

[1] http://www.manlug.org
[2] http://manchester.fsuk.org
[3] http://www.manlug.org.uk