Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Gents
>
> Slightly off topic.
>
> On my PC I use Firefox  when both in Ubuntu and Windows.  Is it possible to
> utilise a FAT partition to act as a common storage place for bookmarks
> between the two variants of FF?  And really pushing the boat out,also the
> browsing history which I know is managed by SQLite, but perhaps SQLite could
> be fooled in using this partition too?
>
> Know this is not truely a Ubuntu question, but wondered if anyone had the in
> depth knowledge to answer.
>
> Ian

I tried very hard to get this to work, and failed.  I think it's to do
with the fact that some elements of the GNU/Linux version of FF3 require
the right ownerships and permissions, and FAT32 does not preserve them.

The only way I've been able to share an FF3 profile among Ubuntu
desktops and laptops on my home LAN is by transferring them on a USB
stick or drive, formatted to ext2/ext3.

This thread has some discussion (starts with this post):
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2008-September/014790.html

HTH

Mac