gerry wrote:
> I may be teaching you to suck eggs but I run Thunderbird 2, Lightning
> 0.9 and Provider for Google calendar .0.5.1 and it works perfectly.
>
> Looking back over the emails you seem to be trying to download a program
> whereas Lightning and Provider for Google calendar are addons.
> They are available by going to
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/sunbird/addon/4631 for the Provider.
> (It says it is for Sunbird but it works with Thunderbird.) and
>

> These Release Notes cover what's new, download and installation
> instructions and known issues for Lightning 0.9 Please read these notes
> and the bug filing instructions before reporting any bugs to Bugzilla.
> What's New in Lightning 0.9
>
> Lightning 0.9 is the latest release of our calendar extension for
> Mozilla Thunderbird®. We recommend that all users upgrade to this latest
> version.
>
> The following features have been added to Lightning 0.9:
>
>     * Events spanning days now have a visual indicator indicating them
> as connected events
>     * When reloading a remote calendar a progress indicator is now shown
>     * The so-called "minimonth" (small calendar month in the upper left)
> has been given a visual overhaul
>     * The calendar views (day, week, multiweek, month) have been given a
> visual overhaul
>     * The today pane can now be displayed in calendar mode and task mode
> as well
>     * CalDAV support and interoperability with various CalDAV servers
> has been improved
>     * iMip/iTip support (support for email invitations) has been greatly
> improved
>     * The application stability and memory consumption has been greatly
> improved
>     * Lightning 0.9 is intended to be the last release for the
> Thunderbird 2 series. For the future we are planning to integrate
> Lightning fully into the upcoming Thunderbird 3 release
>     * A full list of changes that have gone into this release can be
> found on The Rumbling Edge website
>
> Release Date: September 23, 2008
> Downloading and Installing
> Downloading Lightning 0.9
>
> Before installing, make sure your computer meets the system
> requirements. Mozilla.org provides Lightning for Windows, Linux,
> Solaris, and Mac OS X in a variety of languages. Windows users must have
> Windows XP or later.
>
> IMPORTANT: Install the updated timezones for Windows XP or later.
> Information on obtaining the updated timezones can be found in Microsoft
> Knowledge Base article 951072.
> Not updating your Windows timezones will result in unreliable and
> erroneous display and entry of time data! Be sure to do this!
>
> Windows releases prior to Windows XP are working but may display event
> times erroneously due to outdated timezones on the operating system
> level. This can be fixed using unofficial patches. Users should read the
> known issues section for more information.

> [...]
Hi everybody, you have been so helpful, I really appreciate it, but its
not working. The Lightning 0.9 wont work on my machine for some reason.
I wonder if its the version I am using. Which version is the best?  I
have everything everybody has suggested, and nothing.  One thing that
doesnt appear is the log in box for google. Plus I still get that
message with Google Provider saying there is something missing. I am
going to have another try tomorrow,  I just dont know what else I can do.

John