Dianne Reuby wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 10:03 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Dianne, do you know if your video card is AGP, PCI or PCI-Express?
>>
>> My old desktop had an ATI Radeon 9250 in it and it ran perfectly with
>> Compiz.  That was an AGP card and I dare say you'd be able to get one
>> off eBay for less than a tenner, plus it uses open source drivers.
>>
>> Rob
>>

> AGP
>
> I'm not too bothered about the wobbly windows, but I would like to be
> able to change the resolution and stop the icons leaping about the
> panel!
>
> Dianne

Have you locked the icons?

Anyway... here's a couple of possible suggestions for you...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149296 - Radeon 9250 128MB AGP @ £27.12
(bit pricey if you ask me)
http://tinyurl.com/ynqmp4 - NVidia Geforce FX 5200 128MB AGP @ £21.56
from Aria

There's a few ATI Radeon & NVidia Geforce cards on eBay too from about a
fiver.  Saying that maybe someone on the list might have something
kicking around.

Rob