Cheers for that -- yeah, it's both quiet *and* tinny.
I guess maybe I need to hunt around some settings, but all the ones I've
checked so far are at 100%.
Incidentally, for the bug report, what happens with that?
I'm a bit of a noob -- do I register an interest in it & get informed when
there are fixes or updates or whatever?
& thanks for your response,
   Doug.