On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:31:07AM +0000, doug livesey wrote:
> Hi -- does anyone have any experience with PDAs running linux?
> I need to write an on-site data-gathering app, and such a machine would be
> perfect.
> I'd also need a clue about the best way to rapid-dev for a linux PDA.
> & I've got about 2 weeks, typically!
>    Doug.

As already said the Nokia Internet tablets are probably the best bet
for that kind of thing. Developing for maemo is fairly straight
forward if you know what you're doing with desktop apps. I'd probably
go for PyMaemo unless the app will be doing a lot of processing.

Maemo development site:
http://maemo.org/development/

PyMaemo tutorial:
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Developing_Python_Applications_for_maemo