2009/3/25 Lucy <lucybrid...@gmail.com>:
> I'm pleased to announce that Ian Forrester (from BBC Backstage) has
> booked us the BBC Manchester Bar on Friday 24th April for the
> Ubuntu-UK Manchester release party. The party will  start at 7pm and
> go on until late (although after 10pm we may have to move to another
> pub on Oxford Road).

I've had lots of interest for the release party and plenty of people
have signed up. I'm really excited about it!

However, I'd like to advertise it a bit more widely and need some
help! I've informed local LUGs and other tech groups, the Ubuntu-UK
podcast and LinuxOutlaws have kindly advertised as well, but I'd like
to know what else myself or others can do?

Also, can someone submit the event to the Ubuntu weekly newsletter?
I'm not keen on signing up to the mailing list just for that and can't
see another way to do it..