On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Farran Lee <fazzy.bab...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 11:46 +0100, Robert McWilliam wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 04:34:09PM +0100, Farran Lee wrote:
> >
> > hmm the last post i did got grabbed by the list's spamassassin :S I'll
> > try again: http://pastebin.com/f7d0f623d
>
> >From that it looks like /sbin/update-grub is failing. It looks like
> it's asking expr to do calculations with something that isn't a
> number. First thing I'd check to try and figure out why would be your
> grub configuration it's trying to update (/boot/grub/menu.lst). If you
> put that in a paste bin we can have a look and see if that's the
> problem.
>
>        Robert

> Robert McWilliam            r...@allmail.net             www.ormiret.com
>
> Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration, which
> is why Engineers sometimes smell really bad.
>

> er here: http://pastebin.com/f1530e2cf
> ===================================
> Farran Lee

Hi Farran,

Two things, I'm not sure why the kernel is updating?  I can only find
2.6.27-11 in the repositories, can any one else confirm this?

The key for the ppa.launchpad.net can be found on the ppa repository
site you are using to get updates from, eg if you are getting
openoffice3, then you will need to look here:
https://launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+archive/ppa - go to the ppa
that you are subscribed to and follow the instructions on how to get
the key.

--Michael