I've had issues with my kernel recently - it had 27-11, -12 and -14
installed. Every time I installed anything, it always tried to
regenerate the boot image, and always returned an error saying it had to
leave the kernel/image/module packages unconfigured.
Anyway, I tried to fix it... by removing all the images, headers and
kernels that were extra. Didn't like that. So i forced it to stay on
version 27-11. Didn't like that either. Now, I've only got the 27-12
headers installed, because when I install anything else, it says it
cannot configure it - only the headers of each version will install.
Now I'm afraid that even if I install the rest of the 27-12 parts, that
my computer won't turn back on if I reboot it. My computer's currently
sat here running on -12, not -14 which was newer, making me think that
maybe -14 isn't bootable atm. I can't install any of the others cos they
fail in exactly the same way.

So I have headers, no images and no modules.

At the very least, can someone tell me if it's safe to turn my pc off
please?

Thank you very much