Hi -- I have a couple of machines that are used often to view avi files &
the like.
One is a Macbook (mine) running Ubuntu. Currently, when I want to watch a
file on TV, I boot to my OSX partition, and plugin to the TV with a miniDVI
cable.
The other is an Acer laptop (my brother's), and is currently never plugged
into a TV, cuz we've no idea how to do it.
Could anyone advise on how I could a) Get the Macbook on TV without having
to reboot to the (now largely dormant) OSX partition, and b) How to plug my
brother's laptop into a TV.
Neither of us have plasma screen TVs, or anything posh like that.
Cheers,
   Doug.