2009/4/10 alan c <aecl...@candt.waitrose.com>

> It looks like xandros is moving into Wubi space  and also linking
> commercial options (?)

I don't think they are moving into Wubi space but rather SplashTop space
http://www.splashtop.com/. And all the other companies now doing an instant
on OS.

I tried to test it out on my old Sony P3 laptop, which dual boots Windows
and Ubuntu, however it did not work.  It would install nicely, but when I
boot into it the mouse only goes half way down the screen (I could not click
shutdown) and the mouse buttons did not work so I could not try any of the
apps.

I am sure it's great though. Instant OS's could be the future as all we
really need is a browser with most things now in the cloud right? :-)

Maybe Internet Appliances will make a return
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_appliance I always thought they were a
good idea, just too ahead of their time.

Colin