On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 20:46 +0100, Sean Miller wrote:
> I suggested a solution, which is to get a router.
>
> I am afraid that trying to get things like Alcatel Speedtouch modems
> etc. working takes more time than it's worth - there are a load of
> routers out there being given away for free.  By the time you've tried
> to download drivers etc. you'll have spent so much time it would have
> been better to have bunged somebody a tenner for their old router.
>
> That was my advice.
>
> I didn't like the way he said "I don't have any time, so you lot it
> for me" or similar - felt it was not what the list is about.  And
> probably reacted too strongly.
>
> Sorry for being rude, not normally my way.
>
> Sean

ok thanks
I did see the router bit, but as there was no other advice linked, I saw
it as a bit of a cop-out - probably in the same way as you saw my
comment. I didn't mean it in that way.
However, no harm done, I'll have a look around in a couple of weeks.
*goes back to revision*

--
Farran Lee <fazzy.bab...@ntlworld.com>
I'm only 16 :P