Sean Miller wrote:
> Really, John, what is the issue with just letting Ubuntu install
> itself in the normal way?
>
> I find Wubi really annoying [if people haven't noticed already].
>
> Don't see the need for it, apart from people who want to install it as
> an application on their Windows desktop.
>
> Sean

Well, one, I am not good enough to partition my computer, have messed it
up quite a few times, just cant get my head around it. Two, if the
installation doesnt go well, via the partition, I have no idea how to
fix it, as i just am not good enough with Linux to be able to do that.
Three, Wubi is really easy to work with, install it on windows and it runs.

I have a really crappy laptop which I'm using now. I have had no end of
problems with partitioning with Ubuntu. I had I think it was Ubuntu 8.01
installed, worked ok, but it doesnt like desktop effects, it just wont
work with them, so when 8.04 came, it just woulddnt work full stop, then
I managed to reformat the hard drive, and installed windows and Ubuntu
through Wubi and installed 9.04 and it works a dream, it just installed
what was needed and I havent had any problems with it. I hardly use
anything else now.

I did the same thing on my PC, but its much better, and Wubi installed
everything and its working really well, but that installed the amd
version, which is how I remembered about it. That was the first Ubuntu
installation I worked with. Its updated perfectly from 8.01 right to
9.04. So, I cannot complain. It might seem the easy way out, but if you
are not Linux savvy, its perfect. Its helped me to learn. And if
something really bad happens I just delete it, and start again, cant do
that very well with a partition.

John.