Now this is something that's definitely going to help tomorrow!

My PC with XP on has today started throwing blue screens every time it
starts up i.e. I can't use it - which is a nightmare because I'm using
a website online for some revision help.

With the Ubuntu 8.10 live cd I've got, I can now go online for however
long I want! The only thing I have to do is install flash player and
that's it!!!

Oh I'm so using Ubuntu full time as soon as I can!

James

PS - the BSOD error was machine check exception - mainly associated
with CPU but it seems to be running fine.