javadayaz wrote:
> Ok a friend has just lost all her pictures ..she is using a windws
> system. What could she use that is free to recover files from her phone?

There is an application called ntfsundelete on Ubuntu (I think it's in
the ntfsprogs package).  It is run from a command line but it may work
(not tried it myself).  There is also scrounge-ntfs but I haven't tried
this either.

Actually though, reading the above, has she deleted the photos from her
phone or from her PC?

Are the photos on the memory card or in the phone's internal memory?

There is also this program which is free for personal use which runs on
Windows: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

By the way, to have a better chance of recovering the files, tell her
NOT to save anything on the drive which needs recovering from (so if
it's her phone, tell her not to take any more pictures until the deleted
pictures have been recovered).

Rob