2009/7/14 Wulfy <wulfm...@tiscali.co.uk>:
> Neil Greenwood wrote:

>>> Yes.  I could see the USB in the Device menu but it was greyed out and I
>>> couldn't click it.
>>>

>> I think you need to shut down the VM in order to make changes, not
>> just suspend it. Did you do this?
>>
>> Cofion/Regards,
>> Neil.
>>

> I tried it both with WinXP running and just the VirtualBox container.  I
> tried from the menu at the top and from the setup screen.  The setup
> screen showed the USB enabled but I couldn't click the box in the menu.

OK, I wasn't clear enough in my statement. You can only change the
settings for the VM when the VM isn't running or suspended IIRC.

So, when WinXP is running in the VM, you need to choose the Machine >
Close menu option, then choose "Power Off" in the screen that shows
next. After this, you should be able to change the VM settings in the
VirtualBox window - the Settings button above the list of VMs will
become enabled.

Cofion/Regards,
Neil.