> I guess you can't see anything helpful in any of the logs.  How about
> opening a terminal, and typing 'Firefox' (without the quotes) to run it
> in the terminal;  then navigate to the BBC site, and try listening to
> the stream.  When FF crashes, there may be some informative error
> messages in the terminal.  If so, please post them to the list.

This is unbelievable. I ran firefox (small f) in a terminal, loaded the
BBC website and radio played perfectly, I could not make it crash. Since
then I have tried several times running Firefox in the usual way from
the tool bar icon, going to the BBC website and the radio plays without
crashing. Problem cured for the time being but not solved.

Norman