2009/7/22 Norman Silverstone <nor...@littletank.org>:
> On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 11:30 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
>> You should be able to "select all" from the edit menu and then copy
>> and paste again into the pastebin.
>
> Sorry about that but that is what I did.  Do you want me to try again?

Please.

>> Looks like that error you're getting isn't unique to your machine.
>>
>> "Jul 22 08:49:40 digital-darkroom kernel: [76286.748387] sd 120:0:0:0:
>> [sdc] Result: hostbyte=DID_ERROR driverbyte=DRIVER_OK,SUGGEST_OK"
>>
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=usb+card+reader+hostbyte%3DDID_ERROR+driverbyte%3DDRIVER_OK,SUGGEST_OK
>>
>> Turns up a fair number of hits.
>
> The fact that the error is not unique to my machine is no help to me to
> overcome the difficulty.

I was merely pointing out that other people have the issue, and that
there are bugs filed against this issue. I believe in giving people
information to help them help themselves. Whilst I couldn't help your
further until I could see the rest of the log file, I felt that giving
you a nugget of hope that others are in your shoes was appropriate.

> So, what's my next step please?

Unplug card reader, plug it into a USB2 port directly on the machine
(not via a USB hub) then pastebin the syslog again.

Cheers,
Al.