I use Gmail with Gcal as it now has Google Docs enabled in which you can add
a document to an event and then send an email as well, in which you can then
add to Gtasks as well and works really quickly, the you can also send it to
your mobile at a set time, which is really useful!

Also you can work from Gmail and the search from Google Desktop also checks
attachments and again you can make an event from the email and add it to
tasks via Gcal. Gapps are starting to work together well for me! Another bit
that came very useful the other day was someone sent me an address in an
email and in Gmail on the side it recognised it was an address and added
'show map' and worked with Gmaps.

Dale