Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> On 14/08/09 22:34, Liam Wilson wrote:
>
>> Hey, after installing the earcandy package, I got no sound from banshee,
>> so I decided to uninstall earcandy, but still no sound from Banshee,
>> even after a restart. I can't really use any other media player, as
>> Rythmbox crashes when I adjust the volume, and Amarok doesn't work with
>> my multimedia keys, which I use regularly, and I just plain don't like
>> it. (Although, admittedly, I haven't tried Songbird).
>>

> I recommend Songbird :-)

I downloaded Songbird, and I admit, I do like it, but I really need CD
ripping and Podcasts, too (For the Ubuntu UK podcast, obviously!), So
when Songbird has those features, I'll definitely use that, but since
they aren't implemented yet, I'm gonna stick with Banshee (Which I fixed
with an 'apt-get purge banshee', an upgrade of ALSA, and a re-install of
banshee, works fine now!)

Cheers for the heads up anyway Alan;

Liam