I note that the Banking code section 12.9 advises users to 'Keep your
PC secure'.
http://www.bankingcode.org.uk/pdfdocs/PERSONAL_CODE_2008.PDF

This is something I fully support.

However the Code goes on to give specific advice about how this should
be achieved:
'Use up-to-date anti-virus and spyware software and a personal firewall'.

This is perfectly reasonable and appropriate for users of the common
Windows systems however, many users do not use Windows, and this
advice is badly worded for the millions of non Windows users, and may
cause confusion.

For example I do not use Windows on my PC because even with the
facilities you recommend, I do not regard the system to be secure
enough to do my online banking.

Please inform me of the recommended software for non Windows systems
for functions of anti virus and anti spyware functions?

Alternatively you might like to consider a slight re wording of the
Banking Code so that it may be held in greater respect by PC users who
 choose to avoid Windows, and have done extensive investigation and
are well informed technically?
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user