2009/10/5 Paul Sutton <zl...@zleap.net>:

> What are peoples experience with any requirements for personal liability
> insurance for things like lug events,  or install days.
>
> I remember at our first lug meet at exeter uni. back around year
> 2000,.we just got people to sign a disclaimer,
>
> Just wondered, it may help dclug members when organising things like
> install days.

My experience has been that the venue has provided the insurance, or
we've just met informally in a public place so as a pub and so
insurance wasn't needed. I guess if you were meeting in somewhere like
a scout hut/church hall things might be different.

I don't actually know what the law is in regards to this though.
Anyone know when PLI is actually needed?