John wrote:
> loads of places - first google hit http://www.laptopbatterystore.co.uk

Yes, I discovered the embarrassment of riches that searching on 'laptop
batteries UK' produces - and that is, of course, part of the problem:
how do you know which ones are OK?...

(BTW - did you spot the BBC survey that found that some ridiculous
proportion of UK school children thought that Google's search results
were sorted in descending order of truth?!)

> not a customer though

And that's the crunch - I don't want to stick a pin in the list and hope
for the best;  so a personal recommendation would help to narrow the
list down, and - hopefully - avoid getting stung.  :-)

mac