Paul Sutton wrote:

> Samuel Toogood wrote:

It's possible to take the machine apart to reset the CMOS settings, or
in some cases a BIOS password can be easily got round with a simple
backdoor password (I vaguely remember AMI and Award BIOSes having such a
feature).  Worst one I found though was on a Dell Latititude D600 which
I had to strip the machine down to the motherboard and find a chip and
short two legs of the chip to reset the password.  It was a bit worrying
attacking it with a paperclip but it worked.
> of course if its a server then you would probably want to remove the cd
> drice anyway, (however that seems a little extreme),

Depends, a lot of servers I've seen come with lockable covers.  Not to
mention, if it's a server why isn't it physically locked away with
limited access? (although I've seen cases of the servers being easily
accessed on full view, such as at one of the radio stations I used to
support).

Rob