2009/11/25 javadayaz <javada...@gmail.com>:
> yes my phone has wifi...but i dont have a wifi router or modem...
>
> so i want my laptop to dump its wifi signal which i can then use to do my
> internet browsing on my phone.

I did this the other way around over a year ago at an Ubuntu Developer
Summit. We had wifi access but one of the guys had a broken wifi
adapter. So I connected to the wireless LAN and installed firestarter.
We plugged an ethernet cable between his laptop and mine, then I ran
firestarter to share my wifi signal over ethernet to his laptop. Easy
as pie.

Doing it the other way round should be just as trivial. You can also
use network manager to "create a wifi network" which turns your wifi
signal into an 'ad-hoc' one, that others can connect to.

Also, apologies for my earlier top-post, as I was using gmail on my
android phone :(

Cheers,
Al.