On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 08:10:07AM +0000, Stephen Garton wrote:
> I don't think it's wifi access they are offering, it mobile data
> (2G/3G). As the article says, most people who use the mobile web (i.e.
> Smartphone users) will already have an unlimited package. I know I do
> with my HTC Magic on Vodafone.

I think its being misreported, from the T&Cs on their site[1]:

2. The Promotion is only available for browsing WAP sites on your mobile
(Eligible Data). Eligible Data usage during the Promotional Period will not
count towards your normal daily or monthly usage allowances.

3. Data accessed through Mobile Broadband, Mobile Broadband Via your Phone
and / or BlackBerry email and internet is not eligible for the Promotion and
will be charged at your standard rate during the Promotional Period.

5. All data usage is subject to fair use limit of 25MB a day. If Vodafone
believe your use is excessive, we may ask you to moderate your usage. If you
then fail to do so, we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive
element of your usage at your price plan's standard rate and/or remove you
from the Promotion.

[1] http://promotions.vodafone.co.uk/freefridays/

--
Andrew Williams