2009/12/14 Anthony Burton <apburto...@googlemail.com>

> Thomas Ibbotson wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to encode a video to put on my YouTube site. It was
> > recorded with a digital camera, and I tried to upload the raw file
> > (335MB) to YouTube but it failed twice. So I decided to try and
> > convert it. Firstly I tried Kdenlive, but the output file had about
> > 1/2 a frame of video and 1 sec of audio and then cut out. Then I tried
> > command line ffmpeg, but it complained about me not having audio
> > codecs for mp3 or aac. I finally realised I needed to use libfaad as
> > my audio codec, but that didn't work either, I used: "ffmpeg -i
> > dscf0162.avi -vcodec mpeg4 -s 640x480 -acodec flac -f avi
> > ceilidh_item.avi" and got this error: "[mpeg4 @ 0x1786350]timebase not
> > supported by mpeg 4 standard
> > Error while opening codec for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect
> > parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height". So I tried to
> > have a go in Avidemux, but that seg faulted. So having listened to
> > Shotofjaq recently I installed PiTiVi and gave that a go. That got the
> > best results so far in that I got a full video but the sound kept
> > skipping and got out of sync with the video.
> >
> > I am incredibly frustrated, this shouldn't be that hard should it? Can
> > anyone provide suggestions for what I might want to try next?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
> Hi Tom,
>
> Try this: ffmpeg -i your_video.avi -f flv -s 640x480 -b 128 -acodec copy
> your_new_video.flv
>
> increase -b if the quality is not upto standard.
>
> Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work for me I get the error
message:

 Output #0, flv, to 'ceilidh_item.flv':
    Stream #0.0: Video: flv, yuv420p, 640x480, q=2-31, 0 kb/s, 90k tbn, 30
tbc
    Stream #0.1: Audio: pcm_u8, 11024 Hz, mono, s16, 88 kb/s
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
  Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
[NULL @ 0x6d3950]flv does not support that sample rate, choose from (44100,
22050, 11025).
Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)

I tried with "-ar 11025" but that didn't work either I got the exact same
error message.