I am using Ubuntu 9.10 wired to a Linksys modem/router using DHCP to
get IP etc.  All works fine normally and if I right click on the
connection icon in the top panel and select Connection Information I
see my IP address etc as expected, including Primary and Secondary DNS
servers as provided by my ISP.

Occasionally, however, once a day or so, the DNS values get set to
192.168.1.1 (the router ip) and dns fails of course.  If I unplug my
ethernet cable for a few seconds and plug it back in then it picks up
the dns again and all is well.

I have looked for clues as to why the DNS settings might be
disappearing but have not found anything logged anywhere, suggestions
as to where to look for information would be much appreciated.  Or any
other ideas for that matter.

Colin