On 30/01/2010 23:23, Liam Wilson wrote:
> aah, so I'll have to put margins on it before its printed. But i think
> you can do that on the CUPS dialogue on printing preferences.
>
> anyway, here's what I've done so far:
> http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kx328km8DI1qai2mzo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1264980138&Signature=ymEVuWzOps8kjZmcllIFbXdq6m8%3D
>
> <http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kx328km8DI1qai2mzo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1264980138&Signature=ymEVuWzOps8kjZmcllIFbXdq6m8%3D>

I like that too although the Ubuntu logo looks a little dark against the
browny orange background, I'd say it either could do with maybe a white
shadow, or change the text to white, possibly with a black shadow (or
maybe a black slightly transparent shadow).

I'd also say if you're doing it as a full A4 page, those of us who have
access to borderless printers can print them out without borders, and
those of us who don't have borderless printers can probably print it to
shrink slightly to the page and trim the borders off so it's slightly
smaller than A4.

Out of interest, what are you using to create the poster?

I'm just wondering if it can be scaled up to A3 size?

Rob