Hi All,

I often use webconferencing tools as part of my job, to view customers
desktops and sometimes take control etc. All the tools ive used so far like
"webex" and "teamviewer" run only on Windows, even our own webconferencing
tools within the company I work only runs on IE as it uses active X
controls.

I know VNC is useful but the problem here that often the customers are on
their own internal networks and myself likewise am operating from within my
company's network so only regular ports like port 80 are open and also our
machines will have private IPs

So Im wondering if anyone use a web-based conferencing tool that works on
linux and is free? I have used some that work purely on java so they worked
fine on Linux and Windows alike but these were still subscription based
services that the customers companies paid for.

I guess im hoping for too much? :-)

Mark