My Sony Ericsson K800i has a remote control facility and it works with
Karmic for controlling audio and moving the mouse about the screen. I've had
a quick squint at the user guide for the Nokia 6301 and it does seem to have
a remote control facility. Try pairing it up with your computer and see what
happens - mine phone automatically asks me if I want to use it as a remote.

On a slightly similar topic, I've been unable to sync my contacts between my
laptop and the same phone. I can send files from the phone to the laptop.
I've been trying to use Multisync. Any ideas, folks?

Gus