On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 10:49 +0100, Paul Morgan-Roach wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Ashley Whetter
> <ashley.whet...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>          I've also emailed my MP. A good site for messaging your MP
>         was on the Ubuntu uk podcast: www.writetothem.com. The third
>         hearing of the bill should be on BBC Parliament today but I'm
>         not sure what time it is on.

So does anyone know where/when we can find out what actually happened
wrt the Bill?  I've emailed my MP on this subject a few times, and all
I've had in return is saccharine non-committal burblings about taking my
comments "into consideration".

I made it clear to my MP (a Labour stooge who's hoping to be re-elected
this year) that his actions on this matter will directly affect my
voting decision.  So it'd be nice if I can find out what he actually
said or did today.  And more importantly, I want to know if the Commons
just nodded the Bill through, as just about every front-bencher of every
party seemed to want!  All the bloody sleaze crap that's been in the
news these past several months, and all the talk about cleaning up the
shit-house that is British politics... then we get a stitch-up like
this, that demonstrates how all the political parties are in the pockets
of the music and film industries.  If there wasn't a big enough
back-bencher revolt today to derail this stinking pile of... Ah, who am
I trying to kid?  The bosses of both Labour and the Conservatives want
this Bill to pass, therefore it will pass.  I don't think there's much
we can do about it now.  But we certainly *can* make the bastards pay
come the General Election.