I have quite serious printer problems, which I hoped that 10.4 would
cure. No such luck!

Has anyone got an HP B109a Photosmart printer/scanner which they have
managed to get fully working in Ubuntu? If so, please would you give me
some help?

Very briefly, I bought it some weeks ago, but have had very mixed
fortunes with it in Linux. I have tried to get it working in several
distros.

Ubuntu 9.10: I can manually set it up and get it to print, but not to
scan and, when I click on the HP Toolbox, it tells me that there is no
printer found. Trying to set it up from the HP Toolbox, is a failure.

Ubuntu 10.4rc: The same.

Linux Mint8: The same.

PCLinuxOS 2010 final: The same. However,

PCLinuxOS 2010rc: Everything works perfectly 'out of the box'! No
setting up needed.

I have spent many hours trying everything I can find on the forums of
these three distros, (and everything I can think of), but nothing sorts
the problem. No scanning or Toolbox.

At the moment, I am having to use Windows7, merely to be able to print. :(

Many thanks in anticipation!

Cheers

Keith